Sunday, August 7, 2011

The freedom money brings


Another entry is posted today over at wowecon and it's on the subject of why I bother to even do any of this. The money, the blog, the AH, etc, it all has a reason. Many reasons in fact. Here's the first part.

"One of the obvious questions that AH players get asked is "why?" Why bother making thousands and thousands of gold or platinum in wow or rift? The answer is the freedom that it allows us. They say money can't buy you happiness, which is certainly true. I mean after all, I have not once seen it on the shelves at the local Wal-Mart. Happiness is supposed to be in isle 4 isn't it? But money can definitely buy you things that will make you happy. In an MMO that means independence and convenience. Two words which I'll never spell right without a spell checker.

To me, happiness in the world of an MMO is being able to take care of any alt that I make without scrambling for funding. As soon as they hit the level cap I want to be able to kit them out in high end blue gear at the least so they can hop into the harder dungeons right away and not get carried. Having even more money means they can get suited up with shiny as hell purples and jump right into raiding if so desired."


Click here to read the whole thing.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. "Two words which I'll never spell right without a spell checker."

    And aisle makes it three :-P

    ReplyDelete