EDIT: I began responding to a few comments in my typical long winded manner and it got so long that I decided to edit it on in to the OP. On the question of any other up coming projects that I might have, here is my response.
Firstly, I want to say that reading all of you thinking that I have helped you more than Gevlon and Marcko definitely impresses me as they've been writing about gold for a damned long time and I've been around for only a few months. Also Gevlon helped me the most while Marcko mostly pointed me to smaller niche markets along and of course Tella who was also great for pointing me to a few markets I missed as well. Even a goblin is allowed a measure of pride and bragging rights now and again. Everything else I've learned on my own. Again, if I can do it so can you. Especially since you have so many resources to learn up front and not deal with as much trial and error as I did.
The game that I'm most excited for (and have been since the announcement) is Guild Wars 2. The only problem I had with the game was, ironically, the ability to make money. You had to farm to make any money, but it was generally very light and you never needed more than you got from leveling up in all reality.
Unfortunately the game is probably at least another 2 years off, but I'm still extremely excited for it just like I was when I first heard it was in development. In the mean time though, I'll likely pick up FF 14 or Star Wars and if there's an AH type of system in there, you bet your ass I'm going to make a point of dominating it! And of course, I'll be writing all about it.
Suffice to say, unless I somehow wind up with a job that requires me to actively be playing WoW (heh wouldn't that be the day!) I'll be I'm keeping my eyes out for other MMO's in the mean time. Unfortunately, there currently aren't many that are that well done imo.
However if I start up another blog for another game and/or project I'll be sure to update here. But it'll be just like this one, for my own purposes and no other advertising. If you want to learn about something, the first step is to seek it out. If you can't put out the effort to look, you don't deserve the knowledge.
Even though I've completed all my goals in wow, I'm not done writing just yet. I still have a few posts written and one final experiment I'm doing over the course of the week so stick around. I'm not done yet!
I've been asked many times in comments, private messages, and in game tells why I plan to quit the game. So this entry will hopefully end that mostly (in before "why you quit wow" comments). If nothing else, I can just direct them to this post and they can read for themselves if so inclined.
TL;DR: I'm bored.
1. I have a million gold. I proved that you can get rich easily which zero support. My biggest entertainment in the game lately of playing the AH holds no remaining goals that are meaningful to me.
2. Raiding. I just don't have time to raid seriously anymore. And as much as I like it, I'm not going to spend 15 a month to casually raid toc as there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to pug ICC even with the 5000% damage buff. I can only deal with so many retards for so long before I bite off my tongue. I'm sure that if I applied to a solid guild and spent a goodly amount of time memorizing the fight mechanics which I've seen all of one times I could get into a proper raiding guild. Especially if I said 'pretty please' and slipped 200k across the proverbial bartering table. But alas, I'm just no longer that interested in it.
3. With the direction that Blizz is taking the game come Cata it's going to be only more of the same with free purples being crammed down your throat. Unless you're doing heroic ulduar or the top end of ICC all the boss encounters in this expansion have been extremely self explanatory. Also they have been very "casual" friendly. Unfortunately in this situation, casual wow player translates literally into power drooling mouth breathing inbred fuckwit.
Yes I know that casual players are not complete incompetent morons that couldn't tie their own shoes until they were 21. I'm a casual player. I don't stand in fire nor will I ever see a tank do more dps than me. However there are more failbots in this game than people who enjoy success for the sake of success. It's the journey that matters not the destination or reward. The people that just want to look awesome while AFK are the ones that blizz is catering to now and have been this whole expansion. Again, only so many retards at once people. You can call me an elitist if you want, but if you care about how you appear to others and social status more than anything else you can just get the hell out.
4. No AH playing, no raiding, what else is there for me to do? Grind out achievements? No thank you. Emphasis here on GRIND. 99% of all of them are boring as hell and involve zero challenge what so ever. The achievement system in Guild Wars (called titles) was all about challenge even though there were a few that were obvious fluff and gold sinks. That being the case I was all about going through the game on hardmode and going by myself with only the internal AI or a friend to accompany me through the world. Due to that I'm not going to spend several hours farming AQ to get rep. Not interested.
5. Even irl I'm completely against wasting money. In fact I generally don't like to waste anything haphazardly. So spending 15 a month on something that I rarely use is entirely out of the question. Would you spend 15 a month on wow if you only played by yourself for an hour or two a week? I hope not.
Those are my reasons for leaving a game and I'm sticking to them. Also I am not going to donate my gold to somebody for any reason at all. I believe something given has no meaning and does nothing to benefit in the long term as it is only a temporary fix. If you don't earn something, you'll never appreciate it and won't be able to fully take advantage of what you've gotten. Thus, wasting it.
This blog is about discovering all of the ways to make money in Rift. There are no cheats, hacks, or exploits used in any of my methods.
After amassing a 2 million gold fortune in wow I decided to come over to Rift and see how well I can do there. It is my belief that the game does not matter as much as the methods used and mine have already been proven to work and work well.