Hey all this is an odd Friday entry, but there's a number of random annoyances that I'm dealing with and was hoping to get some input over the weekend. I'm sure that I'm not the only person that has these issues so this can be useful for a handful of others. As you'll see they're nothing major, just small problems here and there that add up to one big annoyance.
Solved. 1. I'm having some major issues with long load times when I change toons. It use to take me about 20 seconds at the most to log out and into another one or to just reload my ui. Now it is taking well over a minute. It might not seem like a lot, but when you bounce around different toons as much as I do it adds up fast. Any thoughts on how to fix it would be great.
Keep in mind that I have very few addOns installed aside from the basic AH essentials. In addition to your standard AH set of tools I'm using recount, bagnon, carbonite, DDR (DK rune mod), mySales, auditor, omen, DBM.
Also, is it more likely that it's on my end with my connection or could it just be on blizzard's side?
- General concensus seems to be either A) blame the cataclusm, or B) upgrade to a solid state drive. Thanks to Jim and Snakeoil
Solved 2. First check out this screen shot right quick.
Notice the random things colored green? I have no idea what button I hit on accident to cause that, but I'm certain that it's auctioneer. It's always the first so many of listed auctions for any item. Annoying as hell, halp!
- It seems that it's a glitch between Atkis recipe list and auctioneer. Reloading or disable/enable shuffles seems to do the trick. Thanks to Kammler and a Anon.
Solved 3. I'm needing globe of water to craft the yeti pets but there's never any on the AH, not even at a crazy mark up. I'm looking for suggestions on where to farm them, with or without fishing. I've been using the suggestion of the wowhead comments and killing steaming fury's in Un'Goro crater but the drops are pretty low as you'd expect.
- General consensus is either eastern plague lands or ungoro crater. Thanks to everyone that replied.
On going important research... for science! 4. What's your favorite color?
Solved 5. How can I get rid of new player tool tips? Are they all that you get now? I'm talking about the ones that say "this attack does a lot of damage!" or "use this damage over time effect at the start of combat to get the full effect of the spell" and that silliness. I already know these things and I want to know how much damage something does in a tool tip aside from just saying "holy crap dude it's a lot!"
- Thanks to prancer and others that mentioned this. Interface, help, beginner tips. Never even thought to look there. /fail
On going 6. Anybody care to give me a quick once over on flasks now that the materials needed have changed? In wrath it was a god awful market to work in with the worst "profits" I've ever seen. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile now so any info would be fantastic.
- So far it seems that only one response was in the positive. Not looking good.
On going 7. I just found out the other day that large brilliant shards are no longer easy mode farmed from strat and that's why the prices have gone way up lately. Does anybody know of an easy-ish way to acquire these? It doesn't seem like DE is an option and the black rock instances are just plain hellish if you haven't done them a million times.
- So far it seems that UBRS is the way to go, but it can be very time consuming if you don't know your way around like me.
On going 8. I need a macro that cancels all of my auctions when I hit it. I used to have one that worked during wrath but now when I hit it, I get an error saying an addOn is preventing it. Well I'm not changing my addOns any time soon, so hopefully there's a different macro out that I can use instead.
- I know there are addOns that cancel what you're undercut on but what I'm wanting is any and all of them, even if I have to mush dah bootonz to sez ja it do are ok in words like makings now! LOUD NOISE!
Solved 9. I've taken to farming up rep from TBC to get the enchanting recipes from the various factions there. I do the heroics and a few on normal but that's when I get the "you've entered too many instances" error. I remember fro ma while ago when I was farming SM back at 70 that it was something like 5 instance resets per hour then you get locked out for a while. So what I'm wanting to know is how many is the limit? How long is the lock out for them? Does this include heroics as well as normals or are they on separate lock out timers?
- Thanks to Prancer again for the detailed answer and thanks to everyone else that confirmed it as correct.
This blog is about discovering all of the ways to make money in Rift. There are no cheats, hacks, or exploits used in any of my methods.
After amassing a 2 million gold fortune in wow I decided to come over to Rift and see how well I can do there. It is my belief that the game does not matter as much as the methods used and mine have already been proven to work and work well.