Once again I have a ton of random things to talk about that won't fill a whole page so here they are. All in their barely organized glory. Enjoy!
1. I once said that I cannot fathom somebody that truly loves farming. Oh how wrong was I. I read a hall of fame entry of the millionaire's club on warcraft econ about a guy that got there by ONLY farming. This is honestly quite frighting. In it they talk about farming for upwards of 8 hours a day every day. I would kill myself by hour 6. This is just, wow. That's all I can say...without being incredibly insulting that is. I'm sure you can imagine that I'd make up a few new words for this one. Here's a link to the article.
2. I'll be hitting 2 million in about a month and a half. The next logical goal after that would be to be gold capped in the almost literal sense. Have every one of my toons at the 1 million gold cap. In their own guild with the guild bank capped at 1 million as well. That equates to 24 million on a single realm. At a rate of 100k per week that means about 60 months. Fuck that shit! I honestly don't think there is an actual goal for me to have at all that's gold related. Thoughts?
3. I wrote a while ago about how the vendor value of blues that drop in heroics can be higher than the AH price of the shards quite often. Well cata has been out for a while and prices have dropped accordingly. On my server shards are anywhere from 15-20g each so the vendor value of basically any weapon is higher. The same goes for a few plate chest pieces, so make sure you check the tool tip before you hit DE. Remember a few gold here and there adds up quite fast.
4. I finally found where you can learn how to make glyph of colossal smash. It's boe sold from the scribe vendor in TH after you do the quest chain. It must be a semi recent change because I was there about a month ish ago to buy a jawbone or some such and didn't see it there. I even made it a point to check out what they sold just in case there was some potential for vendor goodies.
5. According to a blue quote from mmo-champion you can do the new heroics in 4.1 as much as you like. They'll be in their own section of the dungeon finder so even if you get saved to one you can re-que for a random "zandalari tribe" heroic indefinitely. My guess is that they'll end up settling at around 1000 gold on my server.
6. Is the end coming for wrath enchanting scrolls? Since you'll be able to run the new Zul heroics as much as you want crystals will be flooding into the market constantly making the top end enchants far more affordable to everyone. The incredibly high prices are what kept the wrath enchanting market afloat for the most part so with them being available for a good price how much longer will this one last? Personally I see the profits from wrath scrolls dropping off by a very significant amount.
Because of that I'm going to slow down my stokpile of these mats since the patch is due out soon. I'll mostly be buying what I need as I need it just in case the market completely crashes. I doubt that it will be completely destroyed, but it won't be such huge profits for sure.
7. Here's an idea for a high risk high profit flip. With people being nervous about maelstrom crystals and the ease of maxing out weekly valors some are taking to jumping ship early. Just the other day I saw a few people selling crystals for 1k each when they're normally 2-3k on AH. So it might be worth throwing a post into trade now and then that you're buying them for half-ish the going rate. Who knows, you might get some easy money.
This blog is about discovering all of the ways to make money in Rift. There are no cheats, hacks, or exploits used in any of my methods.
After amassing a 2 million gold fortune in wow I decided to come over to Rift and see how well I can do there. It is my belief that the game does not matter as much as the methods used and mine have already been proven to work and work well.