Monday, April 18, 2011

Report: 4-19


Yes it's that time again. Today's the day of resets, updates, and weekly collections. Here's my weekly report of what I've been selling and in what markets. I also give a few notes on them with up to date market observations in addition to the weekly profit from everything combined. As always, numbers and bottom lines come first.


Previous week gold total: 1,643,000
Total sales: 259,000
Weekly profit: 135,000
Current gold total: 1,778,000




Profits from MySales:

Gems, LW, & misc:


Yellow, blue, purple, meta, common gems:


Tailoring, misc glyphs & vendor pets:


Enchanting & smithing:


Engineering & mining:




Things are moving along quite smoothly. I started making a few more random enchanting scrolls that I've been having good luck with sales on. Oh and I finally managed to break 20k dps! Woo woo go me!

Detailed Recap:
--------------------
Ok first thing is first, more random enchants.

Enchant Gloves - Blasting
Enchant Boots - Surefooted
Enchant Boots - Agility
Enchant Boots - Greater Agility

Enchant Gloves - Agility
Enchant Cloak - Lesser Agility
Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina
Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina

Enchant Bracer - Deflection
Enchant Bracer - Greater Stamina


Agility is always going to be a popular enchant so they'll likely stay just as good for a long time to come. As for the stamina enchants I expect them to start selling even more once 4.1 comes with the tanking boa gear. They typically sell for anywhere from 60-100g each which is 95% profit as the dream dust is super cheap and the nether essences are only expensive if you just buy them when you see them. Wait for the prices to drop down and you can probably get them for as cheap as 5g each and dust for only 50 silver. Moderate to low rate of sales with zero competition and the best profit margins you could ever hope for. That's my kind of market.

I got another sale for a mechano hog this week for 16k. Happy face.

The supply of savage leather has dried up so much that I've had to turn to alliance sources to keep up with it. Unfortunately over several days of watching their AH they don't seem to have much of a supply either so that whole market is in a serious down turn this week. I've had to take to flipping epic leg armors and losing sales on pristine hides while barely having the mats for the leather pvp gear. The same goes for profession bags, borean leather is getting quite hard to come by as well. But on the positive side I am decently stocked with arctic furs so there's that.

Speaking of down turns in markets, the caster pvp plate has been shafted all week long with people posting at dumping prices or 10g above material costs. And that's even taking into account the absurdly cheap prices on the mats already. I think I done pissed somebody off >:D

Speaking of pissing people off, the campers are on me in full force this week. Every time I go to cancel, I wind up canceling damned near every single auction. 200+ gems and upwards of 300 scrolls... that's a lot. So my undercut amount is bad to 8g for gems and 10+ for scrolls. I've built my back up entirely so this won't be a problem at all on that end. And of course, I don't need the gold in any case.

More and more time has gone by since I started playing again and that means I am cutting more and more types of gems. And that means that bag space is once again at critical for Stokpile. So I'm having to reduce the amount that I have cut in his bags as "back up" gems down to only 1 instead of 2-3. Sure that may not seem like a lot buy if you look at my master list you'll see that if you take 1 off each gem cut that's an entire bag that gets opened up. With that much extra space I won't have to make nearly as many trips back and forth from the mail box to the AH. WTB 32 slot gem bags!

Over the weekend, I burned through a ton of my enchanting mats that I've had stokpiled and had to add DE'ing back into ye old ore shuffle. Mind you, I have not had to DE or buy enchanting mats for well over a month, that should give you an idea of how much I like to pile up. But with the new heroics just over the horizon I'm having to build it back up again so that put a rather noticeable dent into profits this week. It's been another week of obscene buying sprees which included several full stacks of volatile fire, water, and air.

However I am doing my buying smart and am not paying more than 50g per stack of ele ore. The biggest downside is that I have some SERIOUS campers on orange and purple gems that don't go away until the small hours. So those colors are piling up rather quick and aren't helping me make back the cost of the ore. Meanwhile I've taken to vendoring all of the blue, yellow, and green rares because they just aren't that popular of a gem color at all for any class and do me exactly zero good collecting dust in two different banks. So I'm keeping a ton on my fishy tailoring mage (in case epic gem xmutes use rares) and hold 7 stacks in the guild bank for daily usage while the rest get vendored.

I swear trying to balance a stokpile for a current market that is booming and having a potential nerf bat swung at it's face is NOT easy. So I've decided that if the nerf comes I'm going to rely on the huge demand spike of the new heroics to take care of my current stokpiles of enchanting mats. So I'm back to working up 1,000 dust, 500 GCE, and 200 shards. This is far from cheap or fast. Once this stokpile is built back up, I'm only going to buy things as I need them until I hit two million. Which by the way I am still expecting to be in the first week of may.

Meanwhile on the RL side of things, I've gotten several high priority must get done tomorrow types of projects which is taking out a big portion of my gaming time. As always real world work comes before AH work and raiding. But the plus side to that is that I may be able to get a few much needed upgrades to my machine. Computer parts that are totally for business purposes. Totally.

And ending this week's report on a small celebratory note. After spending X thousand gold on what is possibly the rarest enchant in game, I made my first sale of it on a scroll...for 60 gold. Woohoo!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. nice server you have:)i really envy your enchanting market

    ReplyDelete