Monday, April 4, 2011

Report: 4-5


Yes it's that time again. Today's the day of resets, updates, and weekly collections. Here's my weekly report of what I've been selling and in what markets. I also give a few notes on them with up to date market observations in addition to the weekly profit from everything combined. As always, numbers and bottom lines come first.


Previous week gold total: 1,381,000
Total sales: 305,000
Weekly profit: 110,000
Current gold total: 1,491,000




Profits from MySales:

Gems, LW, & misc:


Yellow, blue, purple, meta, common gems:


Tailoring, misc glyphs & vendor pets:


Enchanting & smithing:


Engineering & mining:




You can expect the next success entry May 6th.

Detailed Recap:
--------------------
I ended last week's report mentioning the ornate pyrium gear so I think that's a good place to start. Not even two hours after I posted my report I sold an entire set. Om nom nom! The profits on them are significantly better than the dps gear due to the reduced competition. Over the weekend I sold another 2 full sets and a few assorted other pieces. The same goes for the dps gear, but there's been a few people listing some of them too cheap for me to bother. More specifically the bracers and chest piece are going great, but the shoulders and belt have been at horrid prices for a while.

On the enchanting front, I've once again sold out of almost all of my wrath enchants due to there being zero supply of dust. I still have a few stacks of crystals and a ton of cosmics, but the dust is just nowhere to be found. It's especially bad because several of the top selling ones need 30-40 dust each. The same goes for crusader orbs sadly, for some reason there's been a huge demand spike for these scrolls in particular. I would take to DE'ing the wrath JC gear, but eternal earth is also a bit too pricey, even with me raising my buying price again. Right now there's half a page of dust up at 7g each.

Speaking of running out of stuff, I'm starting to get low on orange and purple gems. In fact I'm totally out of most oranges and have taken to just flipping what I see. I still have god knows how many common gems to cut and vendor so it's not from a lack of ore to prospect, there's just that much of a demand for them. I think this is mostly due to red being the main choice of people and nobody knowing if they should go for a socket bonus or not. This leads to a lot of people using mixed color gems everywhere when they should be straight red.

On a random note, I've seen a large demand spike for the mini yeti pets. I got lucky and found a bunch of the mats needed tonight so I was able to craft 2 more right after I sold my last one.

Rare quality leg armors and threads are still in the gutter >_<

Because of the material shortages in numerous areas, I've finally taken to doing the whole cross faction bit. I managed to pick up a ton of lvl 50 enchanting mats and a ton of dust (300 illusion and infinite) from the alliance side. I used up all of the infinite dust and still hadn't replenished my normal stokpile of wrath scrolls. It was a great boon for me because I just wasn't able to work a ton of the sections of the enchanting market. The only down side was that all of the mats are roughly the same price horde side as they were on alliance. No uber awesome deals for me.

Granted If everything sells for my bare bottom prices I'll lose a bit of gold over all because of the extra cut from the neutral AH, but I don't think that should be a problem on the whole. It costs me 10% of whatever I list them for and I always put them up for close to the price I pay for them to avoid the plethora of bots that camp and scan the neutral AH to snipe auctions.

Over the weekend I decided I needed to update all of my enchanting thresholds and the like. It took a pretty long time simply because of the sheer amount of them that I have and they're all different. I found that I could lower the minimum sale price on almost every single cata enchant while having to raise the price on everything from wrath. This is because the price of carnelians have gone down a huge amount so the GCE's are a lot cheaper and the infinite dust is staying high with a low supply.

Now that I have all of that shuffled around, updated, and sorted out, I should see a moderate increase in sales from the cata markets. When I lowered my thresholds, it was by upwards of 100g on a good number of them so I'm sure that I've been missing a bunch of sales because I thought it was below my sale price.

I'm also getting back into the heavy borean leather conversion. I've come into a very very large supply of plain leather at my OLD buying price and have very little to use it on. The profession bags are still selling great, but I have so much that I want to revisit this market and see if it's still strong. The normal price of HBL is anywhere from 12-16g and I've bought a couple hundred at only 6 each.

I sold yet another mechano hog this weekend for 17k. If you have an engineer I am officially doing on record to say that you need to get in on this. After making an easy 12k+ profit in the last month of making these all I've done is set and forget with a quick shout in trade saying it's there. If you don't have the necessary rep, there's a few dailys in grizzly hills that you can do or you can run wrath heroics with no tabard on. Either way it should only take a night at worst to get exalted. If you're in cloth and can't find somebody to "sort of" tank for you, I'm sure you can at least kill the trash solo as far as you can and go to another instance to do the same.

I've also taken to selling another few random low level enchants. Namely I've started to sell lesser block (uber rare world drop), agility and greater agility to boots (trainer). The materials are pretty cheap and common and work great for twinks so they sell for a good profit if you price them correctly. Granted the shield enchant is expensive usually, but if you base the scroll price on the formula price you'll never get a sale. I'm currently selling them in the 80g range and doing well.

It's also been a while since I've won a chaos orb so with two siting around and the tank belt not sold, I went and made the shield. Now that was a good decision. It got me over 2k profit in less than two days and I sold a second one the following night. I think I'm going to start pumping my orbs into these for a while. At 2k profit for using one orb that means I'd have to make over 6k profit from a chest piece for that to be the better option. So unless the sales from these really slow down and my orb luck picks up this is the route that I'm going to be taking for these from now on.


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. 200g for a Brilliant. Wow ! They go for 80g on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the prices in the screenshots always amaze me too.
    Brilliant is going for 50g on my server.
    But the belt buckles have never been under 200g and the leg enchants sell at a consistent rate.

    Like we all know, it's important to know your markets and spread out. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Infinite Dust and Cosmic Essences are outrageously high, how much are Abyss Crystal's? Maybe it is time to start shattering those bad boys. I know I make a tidy little profit from doing this when the prices get high. Then I just have to analyze whether it is better to use the mats I get or sell them for profit. I assume you do that, but in case not, something to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Arch
    I can assure you that's not the standard price heh, god I wish it was. They dropped down to my threshold of 60g for several days during the week. You always see high prices because those are the most recent sales of a Tuesday, reset day. Prices are always much, much higher then.

    @ Thomas
    I would be doing the "abyssal shuffle" but the problem is that I'm also in rather short supply of crystals too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My same problem... But, at this point it is more valuable to buy the Crystals below ~25g and sell the results. Easier process, higher profit margin.

    ReplyDelete